-
March 11th, 2003, 06:16 AM
#41
Inactive Member
Okay I admit I've been rather lazy lately ^_^;;
Since you guys are putting up some of your stats i guess i should contribute too XD
Country: From Malaysia but lives in Brunei [yah know, that little speck on the coast of borneo [img]tongue.gif[/img] ]
City: Bandar Seri Begawan
Mothertongue: Supposed to be chinese, but I can't read it T_T. I use English all the time and I've been studying Malay for nearly all my school life. Not by choice, but because it is compulsory, but the good thing is that i can read the mangas that have been translated and released in Malaysia [Rurouni Kenshin and Yuyu Hakusho for instance]... I also used to study some simple arabic script but then the lessons weren't really THAT detailed anyway and I hated the subject [yeah another compulsory subject forced on us kids when we were about 7-8 yrs old which continued until we were 15 or so] [img]tongue.gif[/img] I still can't read it without slowly translating each word in my head...
Hobbies include reading, writing, drawing, anime, manga, RPGs...and i still manage to find the time to get bored [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oooookaaaayyy...seems like a really long post going me, me, me, me, me, myself and I... I hope i didn't offend anyone [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
March 11th, 2003, 10:15 AM
#42
Inactive Member
The message board certainly has gained lots of members. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Once you make one post you just keep coming back for more [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">coming out, good choice of words</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL...I'll never be able to say that phrase without thinking of yaoi again. THANKS! ROTF
-
March 11th, 2003, 12:02 PM
#43
Inactive Member
I think my mind is defective - that crystal ball didnt get any of my answers right. oh, and as almosteveryone seems to have introduced themselves already, I'm going to up the stakes:
Tell us all something interesting about yourself, some wierd fact or secret or something. Anything. If you want to, that is.
To start it all off, I'll go first. Hmm...Okay. I've only got nine fingers. I lost the little finger on my right hand a few years ago. How's that?
_____________________________
PS, I'm glad my german is understandabe, I've got my german friend coming to stay with me next month. EEEK!
-
March 11th, 2003, 08:13 PM
#44
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think my mind is defective</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I could of told you that [img]wink.gif[/img] ::eyes your avatar:: XD
Hmmm...anything huh? Well I can't think of an interesting fact so I'll list my three favorite movies (in no particular order):
Clockwork Orange
The Labyrinth
Schindler's List
-
March 11th, 2003, 08:35 PM
#45
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Carole Ann:
The Labyrinth</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
the one with bowie?
-
March 11th, 2003, 08:40 PM
#46
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the one with bowie?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the one!
-
March 11th, 2003, 09:28 PM
#47
Inactive Member
The crystal ball is very simple. If you don't put your mouse cursor on the number you think, it doesn't work. ^^
Special marks... hmm...: Counts a wheelchair?
@Miko-chan: You play RPG? Which one? DnD?
Are here any Tolkien Fans? I love the LotR books and "The Silmarillion" even though I hate the movies.
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 11, 2003 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Lady Elanor ]</font>
-
March 11th, 2003, 09:50 PM
#48
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are here any Tolkien Fans?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me! (Also like Anne Rice and Mercedes Lackey) Haven't read The Silmarillion....it's somewhere in my giant stack of "To Read" books...I can never leave the bookstore without buying something...even if I already have 10 other books I haven't finished. 0_o;;
Saw the first LotR movie..haven't seen the second one yet. They had to skip over alot of stuff I wanted to see...I didn't hate it, but it's not my favorite either. ^^
-
March 11th, 2003, 10:43 PM
#49
Inactive Member
Weird factoid for the intro thread, tangentially related to Carole's post:
I haven't seen the second LoTR movie because I'm essentially allergic to movie theaters. (In particular -- the smell of popcorn is about 80% likely to give me a migraine; combine it with a dark room and flashing lights and, well, the last movie I saw in a theater, my friends led me out of whimpering and stumbling with a jacket over my head so the light wouldn't actually drive an icepick through the back of my skull... ^^; [img]wink.gif[/img]
I appear to be the only human being on the planet allergic to the smell of popcorn... some kinds of Mexican food containing certain kinds of corn do the same thing to me... but corn on the cob doesn't. @_@ baffled by that one...
hmmm... other oddities... I was supposed to be born in September but was actually born in mid-July; by the law of averages I was supposed to end up blind and retarded because of the oxygen, but I survived. (whew!) Really nearsighted but I test out at an IQ over 150 so I don't think the retarded thing happened... I suppose technically that makes me a genius; that's a scary thought. (considering that anyone who knows me already knows I'm crazy, mwahahaaa! --er...)
oh yeah, and my dad taught me to drive a stick shift car when I was 6 and my feet were too short to reach the pedals and I couldn't see over the dashboard, by teaching me how to listen to the engine and guess the car's speed by how fast the rocks and twigs were going by under the rusted-through hole in the floorboards of the car, through which I could see the road. ^^;;;; (the car was significantly older than I was...)
Dad also taught me to fly an airplane by instrumentation when I was too short to see over its dashboard. I had a really interesting childhood... ^^;;;;
-
March 11th, 2003, 10:53 PM
#50
Inactive Member
oh yeah --
@Elanor: Actually it has nothing to do with the mouse -- it's a mathematical trick. You're always going to end up on a number that's divisible by 9 if you add 2 numbers together and subtract them from the original number, so provided you did the math right, all it has to show you is the symbol that it's associated with multiples of 9 in that iteration...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks